Now for the fun part.... we are expecting our first child!
On January 18th I took a home pregnancy test and was unsure of the results. I texted my cousin Amy and good friend Sarah to get their thoughts and they both confirm that it looked positive. I was still unsure and couldn't believe that it was all real so after work I ran to the store and then home to take a digital. J was home, followed me upstairs, and kept knocking on the bathroom door asking what I was doing. How many things can someone do in a bathroom?!?! Jokingly he asked if I was taking a test and I said yes. I opened the door and we both agreed to wait downstairs for the 3 minutes. I went back upstairs early to check the results and it said PREGNANT, I was in shock.
I slowly went downstairs and handed Jim the test, he looked up at me, asked if this was real, I said yes, and he jumped up and hugged me for the longest time! While it would have been cool to come up with a more creative way to tell him,
I wouldn't change that moment for the world.
I wouldn't change that moment for the world.
I am unofficially 4 weeks and 5 days along. I have my first appointment on Tuesday to interview the doctor and see where we go from here. So far so good... some cramping here and there, chest has been killing me, and for a while all I could think about was Chick-fil-A sandwich's and Starbucks hot chocolate. I have started reading some of the pregnancy books I got from a friend, have discovered some good but terrifying information, makes me hope I am ready for all of this!


You my love are very ready :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful writer you are! So glad you decided to start this :o) And yes, I agree...you are oh so very ready :o)
ReplyDeleteAgh! I LOVE blogs, and the fact you are keeping one now!! Whoo hoo! I Love this! You will make an awesome mom stop worrying!!!
ReplyDeleteYou can follow my blog now, and it will show up on your dashboard!! http://michaelisfamily.blogspot.com